Be sure to join my email list for my best cruise tips and handpicked deals each week. Clothing irons and travel irons are not allowed to be brought onto Carnival cruise ships. From swimsuitsto dining clothes,pajamas and everyday outfits, our suitcases can fill up pretty quickly. What to Wear. Beer and liquor are not allowed. Carnival Cruise Line Prohibited Items, Exemptions and Other Considerations. Because luggage tags are made of paper, theres a risk that can come off, particularly if youre flying to the cruise port or if it is raining. Your email address will not be published. Latest on the cruise comeback: Rogue wave incident | Overboard passenger saved | Covid hits Sydney cruise | Carnival fining unruly passengers | Unvaccinated passengers welcomed | Cheap cruises | No more CDC stats | Record bookings | Rape lawsuit | Carnival fire | Passenger bill of rights | CDC drops cruise warnings | Passenger overboard | Crystal ships seized. All explosives, including imitation explosives and devices, Knives, scissors and open razors (Recreational dive knives are allowed, but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Make sure to check with your cruise line before you bring on on board, as it can be confiscated. Carnival Cruise Line prohibits weapons, illegal drugs and certain items that could interfere with the safe operation of its ships or compromise the safety and secure environment of its guests and crew. Read more: What You Need To Know AbouT Bringing Weed on a Cruise. While you are out at sea, I recommend turning your cell phone on airplane mode to avoid incurring roaming charges. You can consume it in your stateroom. Large speakers/radios are always prohibited on board and will be confiscated. I like these luggage tag holders because they will fit the tags for all cruise lines, including Carnival. Next up is a compilation of everything I wore to dinner. I would sum up formal night dress code (aka cruise elegant) as cocktail attire. Most staterooms only have one US electrical outlet and one European outlet, and taking turns charging your electronic devices means that you wont always have a full charge. Luggage Information. Many people wonder if they can bring clothing steamers or irons on a cruise ship. Obviously if they allow you to bring on water as a general rule, then it wont be an issue. Other cruise lines forbid drones completely. You can also bring carry-on bags with your essentials and valuables. For sailings 5-days or more, a stroller rental is $30. What to Pack. If you are going to be in the Caribbean you will need to . If you use a CPAP machine, please note you will need to pack your machine with your carry-on luggage. // Our cruise was 8 nights, so there are 8 outfits here. Surge protected power strips and extension cords are not allowed on a cruise. It was never allowed. Were leaving on our first cruise (Royal Quantum of the Seas Alaska) in a couple weeks and Im so excited. You must bring the wine in your carry-on luggage and drink it in your stateroom. However, flat irons for straightening and curling hair are allowed. If you are flying to join your cruise, you should also be aware of any luggage weight restrictions that the airline may have. Many star basketball legend Shaquille ONeal, who is Carnivals designated Chief Fun Officer., The videos, which started airing onboard in mid-February, include information about the youth curfew, security, food waste, dress guidelines and being a team player., This ship is a shared space, fleet cruise director Mike Pack says in one of the videos. } Drug dogs might also be in place at destination ports, she said. Items that cannot be taken off the ship in the United States, Deposit and Final Payment Guidelines | Forms of Payment, Cancellation and Change Guidelines | Refunds, Youth Programs (Under 2 & 2-11 years old). Make sure to bring at least two bathingsuits, as it can take a while for them to dry out! Cruise lines wont permit you to bring dive tanks onto the cruise ship, however the policy on diving knives may vary from cruise line to cruise line. Other Considerations (Items that cannot be taken off the ship), BAGGAGE, PERSONAL PROPERTY, PROHIBITED ITEMS, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. So, save your little ones energy and let them ride in style while you are in port! Royal Caribbean does not allow guests to bring beer, spirits, or hard liquors onboard. On Carnival cruises, ties aren't required, but many men choose to wear them, as well as sport coats, on Cruise Elegant Dining nights. One thing to note is that unlike Carnival, that means Royal Caribbean allows bottles and slightly larger containers. Bathing Suits and Cover Ups CBD Oil / CBD Products. You are right about the wine. In that case, you can order a 12-pack of bottled water to be delivered to your cabin for about $5. I laugh about it now, but when preparing for our first cruise I packed snacks for the girls to last an entire week. If youre cruising with young children, life jackets for swimming are usually available. You have entered an incorrect email address! (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. For more on what sort of alcoholic drinks you can bring on a ship, visit this link. Related post:What to Pack for a Caribbean Cruise. Hello fellow cruisers! In my recent12 Things to Know Before Your First Cruisearticle, I mentioned that one of the most frequently asked questions I hear about preparing for a cruise is: What do I wear? While my answer was simplified in the interest of brevityforthat article, I want to delve a little deeper in todays vacation planning post,which is sponsored by Carnival. Packing formy family for trips isnt always an easy task. (f) Carnival reserves the right to confiscate, destroy and/or turn over to authorities these or any other items it deems in its sole discretion to be detrimental to the safety or comfort of any person or which are otherwise improperly in the possession of any Guest. Bug spray, swimmers ear medicine or motion sickness medicine. Plus, you might have a favorite non-alcoholic drink that the cruise doesnt normally serve (or perhaps you simply want a mixer for that little bit of liquor you snuck onboard). Just got off a Celebrity cruise, and found it to be no problem to take soda cans on board the ship on both embarkation day and port days. Otherwise anything is game. function isIE() { Carnival encourages guests to bring no more than two checked items, with each suitcase weighing no more than 50 pounds and measuring no more than 16 inches by 24 inches by 30 inches. I'm so sorry that this post wasn't useful for you! ), Alcohol (hard liquor), Beer, Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles, Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton including water; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 600 ml each), Scooters (only permitted if used for mobility must be stored in guests stateroom), Any footwear with wheels, such as, Heelys type shoes. Medical gas bottles/oxygen cylinders are allowed in connection with a certified medical condition, but cannot be packed in baggage. The knifes actual dimension is 1 1/2 inches long by 1/4 wide, with a small scissors, 1 1/2 inches long. Surprising to many, you cant take baby monitors on most cruise lines. If you dont see it on the NCL website but still want to be sure, you can give them a call. Nothing but clothes and toiletries in ours, but the cut the zipper pulls from the locks. I always bring a bottle of after-sun soothing aloe gel, just in case we get sunburned. This post was created as part of my collaboration withCarnival. *Taxes, fees and port expenses are included. Daniella Genovese 5 hrs ago. Cruise line policies on drones vary, as you can never fly a drone above the cruise ship while at sea. } Musical Instruments: We will allow musical instruments on board, however, if a noise complaint is received, the instrument will be confiscated by shipboard security and returned to the guest on the morning of debarkation. This must be in cans or cartons up to 12 ounces (350ml) in size. Be the first to rate this post. Anything with an open flame is a fire hazard and not allowed. gas guns, tear gas sprays, mace, phosphorus, acid and other dangerous chemicals that could be used to maim or disable), Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners etc. Dont waste the space in your suitcase, because these towels arethe perfect size for drying off after time in the pool and hot tub. Thank you! Guns, knives and other weapons arent allowed on board cruise ships. Mary. This may be small but it might be a deal breaker for future choices in cruise lines going forward. var ua = window.navigator.userAgent; //Check the userAgent property of the window.navigator object Royal Caribbean used to be strict and straightforward about bringing beverages on the ship. Id love to connect with you on Instagram and Facebook @lifewellcruised. Cruise fares are per person which includes children and infants. You can never have enough. Recommended: Cruise approved non-surge protected power bar (see price & 5* reviews on Amazon). Two suitcases for cruises of 6+ days. Where are you going? It does seem like spring break is a good time to remind guests, he said. Carnival Cruise Line has strict requirements about what you can and cannot bring onto its cruise ships. Carnival carries distilled water, which can be purchased either pre-cruise (Carnivals Fun Shops at 1-800-522-7648) or on board by contacting Room Service. However, you need to ensure that your suitcase is laid flat as it would be when stored under the bed, not standing tall as it would be when you pull it along. Non alcoholic beverages (including water) must be in cans or cartons. var v = (navigator.appVersion).match(/OS (\d+)_(\d+)_? Now, she helps over 1 million people per month to plan their perfect cruise holidays. Could you please tell me how I can improve it? All luggage going onto a Carnival cruise ship will go through an x-ray scanner. Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, shavers, and other electrical devices, such as fans (no larger than 12" in diameter), power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed when used with proper caution. Liquor and Beverage Policy. Cruising is different than a land vacation and even airplanes. Angeline and I went snorkeling in Grand Cayman once and I was so disappointed when I realized that I had forgotten our waterproof camera at home! Royal Caribbean says exact opposite of what you are saying. Since cruise ship staterooms often dont have enough electric and USB outlets, many cruisers bring a non-surge protected power bar instead. At port of calls (i.e Port Vila, Noumea, Cairns,) items will be confiscated and held until the day of disembarkation. Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful. If you wish to drink it in a dining room or bar, you will be charged a corkage fee of $15 per bottle. While we dont typically use our stroller while we are on the ship, we have found it helpful to have anumbrella stroller on the days we are in port. https://www.carnival.com/cruise-from.aspx, Water shoes or non-slip boat shoes with traction. return deviceAgent.match(/(iPad|iPhone|iPod)/i); You are allowed to bring only one 750ml bottle of wine and 12 cans or cartons (not bottles) of soft drinks or soda per person on a Carnival cruise. Why do I need to contact the cruise line about that? Is Water Included in the Bottomless Bubbles Program? If you arrive less than two hours before the ships sailing time, you will miss the baggage service and will have to carry your own bags onto the ship. If your cruise is in the Caribbean, I would start here. So candles and incense cant be brought on board a cruise ship. A. Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas. } My husband has glaucoma and has two different eye drops he has to do in the morning and at night. One bag is our toiletries. Children . Illegal substances including marijuana are prohibited on cruise ships. As you wont need to bring any formalwear on a Carnival cruise, two bags per person should be more than enough for even the longest cruise. Last 5-day cruise, I gained 7 lbs. Candy and potato chips are fine to bring. My first step was to throw 6 swimsuits and 6 cover ups in my bag. Not everyone that wants to bring on a liquid want it to drink. However, now Royal Caribbean has a more lenient policy. Bring snacks like granola bars for when you are off the ship. (And to be honest, sometimes people break those rules. Cruising is one of the most stress-free ways to travel and I hope having these checklists will make your journey even more laid back! At homeports (Sydney, Brisbane), items will be confiscated and disposed of and no compensation will be provided. Kayaks, canoes and surfboards are not allowed on a cruise ship. Related: 10 Cruise Alcohol Hacks for Better Drinking on the Cheap. While Carnival has no restrictions on how many bags you can bring, there are some weight limits and size requirements that you must follow. Heres a look at what you do *not* need to pack for yourCarnival cruise. Bring Medications for Upset Stomach and Motion Sickness. I also recommend bringing a travel-sized air freshener for the bathroom there isnt a lot of ventilation and you cant simply open the window like you would at home. While men can wear a suit or tuxedo, it is not a requirement on most cruise lines. I recommend bringing at least one bottle of sunscreen/sunblock per person in your party. You must bring the wine in your carry-on luggage and drink it in your stateroom. Are there any small refrigerators in the cabins and if not how can we handle this issue. Any illegal narcotics/drugs, including synthetic, designer drugs, and medical marijuana. Both of the dresses I wore would feel too fancy to wear out to dinner, but formal enough to consider for a wedding. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones must be turned off and disconnected from any charging equipment while on board. Dont forget to bring a razor and shaving cream if youre going on a longer cruise! The only beverages passengers may bring onboard a Carnival ship are nonalcoholic drinks in cans and one unopened 750 mil bottle of . For additional information, please refer to the terms and conditions of the Cruise Ticket Contract. Results 1 - 4 of 4. Carnival cruise suitcase size limits are 16 inches high by 24 inches wide (the length of the bag is not a factor) and weight limits are 50lbs per bag. You will also want to consider any stops your ship is making that are NOT swim destinations, like San Juan, which is more of a city tour (I wore outfit #3 for that). You can use the towels on the ship and even while in port. Dont forget the boatload of fees. While men can wear a suit or tuxedo, it is not a requirement on most cruise lines. Ahead of spring break, Carnival Cruise Line issued a letter to guests remind them the importance of abiding by its policiesand consequences of not doing so. After printing your luggage tags you should fold them according to the instructions on the paper. Instead of soda, you could bring other non-alcoholic drinks like sparkling water, juice or milk. Length does not matter. Pack this in your carry-on luggage, not your checked bag. While they might be fun, theres simply no room in cruise ship pools for inflatable pool toys, so best to leave them at home. Carry-on . I just called them today as we leave this week on the Norwegian Pearle. On Carnival cruises, ties arent required, but many men choose to wear them, as well as sport coats, on Cruise Elegant Dining nights. function arrangePromos(){ Then, bring along a travel size Downy Wrinkle Release for touch ups. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives. Camera. Carnival Cruise Line suggests that guests check in only one bag per person for 3- to 5-day cruises and no more than two bags per person for longer cruises. Reading materials like books and magazines for days at sea. again with all that eating and I even hit the gym 3 times. Before you begin packing for your cruise, take a look at the itinerary on the cruise lines website. Don't worry, many ships have venues open most of the day for you to get your morning joe or cup of tea. According to their website, On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guests carry-on luggage. They are the best. Whether the cruise line downright prohibits it, or it's just a better idea to leave at home, here are eight things you shouldn't bring on your next cruise vacation. These must be checked into the security department and checked out when you visit a port. To review the full Carnival dress code, go here. Liquor and Beverage Policy. Share them in the comment section below!
Steve Wynn Old Forge Ny, Chris Simms Qb Rankings 2022, Family First Life Complaints, Articles W